Oh, the depth of the riches of the wisdom and knowledge of God! How unsearchable his judgments, and his paths beyond tracing out! Who has known the mind of the Lord? Or who has been his counselor? Who has ever given to God, that God should repay him? For from him and through him and to him are all things. To him be the glory forever! Amen.
Paul’s doxology proclaims that the greatness of God blows the wiring of man’s mind! Included in this passage are seven truths about the magnitude of God.
- God is beyond man’s full discovery. On our best day with our clearest thinking, we will never be able to fully ascertain the “depths of the riches of the wisdom and knowledge of God.”
- God’s ways are beyond man’s comprehension. There is no way our finite minds can grasp the infinite Creator.
- God is beyond the need for man’s counsel. God does not need man’s advice on how to run the universe.
- God is not indebted to man. No man has offered anything to God that He needs to repay.
- God is the first cause. He is the Source from which all things come.
- God is the efficient cause. He is the Agent through which all things exist.
- God is the final cause. To Him, all things return and wait for His judgment.
Father, there is only one way to respond to Your power and majesty—to You alone be the glory forever and ever! Amen.
Read through the Bible this year:Today's Reading
Join Our Facebook Group
Today on The Journey Broadcast: