Give praise to the LORD, proclaim his name; make known among the nations what he has done. Sing to him, sing praise to him; tell of all his wonderful acts. Glory in his holy name; let the hearts of those who seek the LORD rejoice. Look to the LORD and his strength; seek his face always. Remember the wonders he has done, his miracles, and the judgments he pronounced, you his servants, the descendants of Abraham, his chosen ones, the children of Jacob. He is the LORD our God; his judgments are in all the earth. He remembers his covenant forever, the promise he made, for a thousand generations, the covenant he made with Abraham, the oath he swore to Isaac. He confirmed it to Jacob as a decree, to Israel as an everlasting covenant: “To you I will give the land of Canaan as the portion you will inherit.”
Praise is both a spiritual and practical experience. It forms deep within the soul and comes forth in song or proclamation. And it shows itself just as real in delivering a meal to a family in need. How can we make known to others what God has done? How can we practically tell of His wonderful acts? Here are some examples purposed to encourage you to practical praise.
- Visit a person in a nursing home. Read Scripture and pray with them.
- Take a meal to a person who is unable to come to church. Encourage them with the ministry of presence and God’s Word.
- Shovel the snow from a neighbor’s driveway or mow their grass when they are gone on vacation.
- Drive a person to their treatment and stay with them during the procedure.
- Volunteer in a ministry of your church.
- Use your spiritual gift—up front or behind the scenes.
The spiritual experience of praise is significant, but so is the practical application. Practical praise demands that we break from our holy huddles and run some plays on the field of life. Practical praise will allow us to honor God through serving people and engaging in conversations about God’s wonderful acts.
Father, give me meaningful experiences of spiritual and practical praise. Help me see that down-to-earth application provides great opportunities to tell of Your wonderful deeds. In Jesus’ name. Amen.