“The virgin will conceive and give birth to a son, and they will call him Immanuel” (which means, “God with us”).
What a powerful name! What a comforting name! Immanuel – God with us. At one point in history Immanuel walked on this earth. Now for the rest of history, He is with us and lives in us. The God who never changes is the constant in our lives marked with continual change. The Spirit of the living God indwells each believer.
- When December 31 of the old year becomes January 1 of the new year . . . God is with us.
- When we have another birthday – even “The Big One” . . . God is with us.
- When the job changes . . . God is with us.
- When our location changes . . . God moves with us.
- When illness alters our lives . . . God is there with us.
- When dread fills our hearts . . . God is with us.
- When joy overflows . . . God is with us.
- When our dreams die . . . God is with us.
- When we breathe our last breath . . . God is with us.
I have no idea what tomorrow will bring. In fact, I know that the next phone call could change my life. But whatever happens in the uncertainty of life, this one thing I am certain of – God is always with me. He is Immanuel, and He will be with me to the end.
Father, remind me that I am never alone. Fill my heart with the assurance of Immanuel. Thank You for always being with me. In Jesus’ name. Amen.
Read through the Bible this year:Today's Reading
Join Our Facebook Group
Today on The Journey Broadcast: